Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oasis Cruise Sept 2014 II

Day 5 - Friday
We went to ask about cruises back to FL. The Celebrity Reflection is now $1350 each, at least that's what they told us. So we bit the bullet and BOOKED the OASIS return voyage. No insurance. It was $1400 + gratuities = $1788 for both of us.   They gave commission to our AAA travel lady. We could have gotten it earlier for $499, $424 if boarded in Southampton. 

I bought a couple of necklaces with earrings, cheap bling @ $10 each. 
Finally figured out how to change my watch. We will advance 1 hour each day until we get on European time.

I looked on the TV at the shore excursions for Malaga. There are lots...  
--Alhambra $150 9.5 hours including 2 hrs bus each way. 
--Granada 3 hrs free time $65 7 hrs total. 
--Marbella & Puerto Banus $40 walking tour & free time, 4:30 hr
--Malaga see yourself $15. Don't know what the $15 is for ??
--Tapas tasting $70 drive past landmarks, walking tour, 3 restaurants 4.5 hrs
--Village of Mijas $44 walking tour 1 mile & steps. 4 hrs
---3 Malaga city tours, around $50 & 4 hrs, depend on walking ability. 
Norwegian charged $200 for the Alhambra, so this is much better. 

I lost my key/charge card so they replaced it. 
We love our dinner companions, Howard & Sally, so lively and fun. Our dinners were not that good. I sent mine back and got escargot instead, which was delicious, and cherries jubilee was lovely, even w/out flames.

Day 6 - Saturday
I couldn't find Manfred at breakfast, so I sat with a couple who are Armenians, born in Iran, living in L.A. Manfred had gone outside to his deck chair Schlafplatz, and a waiter finally brought him to me.  We are getting these waiters trained good, since we will be needing them again on the way home.  
I didn't finish writing this day's journal, and now I don't remember the rest.

Day 7 - Sunday
I went to the bridge lecture/discussion this morning. The Solarium for lunch. It was really nice, I had gazpacho, but I forgot about the duplicate bridge game @ 1:30. I went about 10 minutes late and watched. They play only 2 boards each and finish around 3. Then I went to the park and sat in a nice chair in the shade and read my book. 

We did the 1-hr Internet thing $20. Manfred got his blog uploaded, got in email, sent email to Bill, Diane and Rick, got answers from Diane (she loved the blog) & Bill (the cat won't associate with him, but eats well). We have time left, so we'll do it again after a few days. 

The dinner tonight was extra good.  This starts the 2nd week menus, only for transatlantic cruises, not used on the regular 1-week cruises. The waiter told us his story, very sad. But he is always so cheerful.  

We talked to an English couple who told us about www.cruise1st.com. It belongs to Royal Caribbean but gives better deals. Also, they recommend Ocean Sky Resort, a beach hotel in Ft.Lauderdale. 

Day 8 - Monday
Went to see Hair Spray (they brought it back). We didn't need to go early, there were empty seats. It was ok, but the sound system here is bad--way too loud. 

I finished all my Heyer books on the iPod. Started the last one on the iPad. I should have had more books!  Slept @ 3 am. 

No comments: