Sunday, June 10, 2012

Staying longer

This time-share exchange condo is such a good place to rest up.  We will be staying on here until Wednesday, June 13, when we will drive to Budapest, turn in the car, and take a train to Dresden.  We were supposed to go to Prague for 5 nights, but we are skipping that because Manfred has fallen in love with this spot.  It really is quite unbelievable.  It's called the Abbazia Country Club  There are no engine or motor noises to be heard, day or night, just birds and occasional cat, dog or horse.

Last night there was a spectacular lightening storm, with lots of rain, so the weather is still cool.

I finally got the Hungarian maps downloaded to our TomTom GPS.  It took about 4 hours.  I don't know if it's because the connection here is slow, or it just takes that long.  I had purchased them, but the All Europe is only loaded in sections, and our previous section did not include Hungary.  So I had to remove the "Southern Europe" from the GPS to the computer, then download "Eastern Europe" from TomTom to the computer, then only download it to the GPS.  The files are over 1 GB.  If I had done this before, we would have saved 5 hours of driving around in the dark.  : (

I have another riding session today.  I'm so out of shape.  I hope I don't get the same lazy horse I rode the last time.

No comments: