Sunday, March 20, 2011

Update

Well, we did the tech fair, & it was good. Then we saw a movie -- the Adjustment Bureau. It was excellent.

The neatest thing at the fair, for me, was a Hackintosh made by Chuck of the SPCUG. It was a Dell Mini 10v - running Snow Leopard!
Here's what it looks like -- cute as can be --->

It only took him a couple of hours to hack the $300 Dell NetBook to run the $30 Snow Leopard upgrade. Appears that it's become pretty easy now with the Dell Mini 10v and Mac OS 10.6 -- most of the time spent is waiting for it to set itself up. I want to make one.
See comment - update

1 comment:

Geneva said...

I have since tried it myself... I bought 5 Dell Mini 1011s. Spent a couple of weeks hackintoshing them. Bill Jones bought one, our guru friend Joel bought one, his friend bought one, so I have two -- one for me and one for sale.

My problem is that I can't yet get iWork and some iLife to work right. It's a screen size problem. But it works fine for email, everything internet, keeping photos and music, playing games, etc.