Thursday, October 15, 2009

Back to Lisbon

Geneva -- Well, having a tooth pulled was never in my travel plans, but now I can finally eat again. Finally, I can eat again, but I'm still a bit shaky. Manfred won't download and new photos to the computer ("too much trouble"), so I didn't feel like writing anything. We extended the stay to 3 nights.

I looked into properties in the Sintra area, they are very expensive. Especially compared to WA. The drop in real estate values has not happened here. Maybe it will, but I don't see any signs of an economic downturn, except in the tourism sector there are much fewer American and Canadian tourists, but plenty from Europe. The rest seems to be humming along with business as usual.

Other than the tooth-extraction, our Sintra stay was good. As you can see from Manfred's post, we loved the place we were in. However, it was unseasonably hot, and I didn't feel very well, so we didn't go around much, only to the beach.

Today is my birthday, and most of me (all but the tooth) made it to 69. We are back in Lisbon, leaving today to fly to London. There we will stay overnight in an airport hotel so we can take the flight to San Diego in the morning.

3 comments:

Bill Jones said...

happy birthday, Geneva!

Bill Jones said...

And 'at's the tooth!

chas_m said...

Happy birthday, Geneva!